So, background! I have just returned to the air after an 18 year hiatus
other than keeping my license up to date. What lured me back was retirement
and FT-8. For the past several days I have been operating with my Rev. A K2
(all options) built in 2001, a SignaLink USB interface, WSJT-X, MacLoggerDX
and JT-Bridge. Because I am "antenna challenged³ due to the HOA it has
become obvious that except in perfect conditions I could use a little more
horsepower. I¹m faced with a $1,170 bill to do the Rev. A/B mods, build the
Kat-100 and KPA-100 � or � $1,215 for an Icom 7300 and an LDG IT100 external
tuner. I¹d really appreciate thoughts from anyone who is knowledgeable on
both rigs. The Icom gives me a waterfall display and 6 meters � WSJT-X gives
my K2 a waterfall display. It¹s a toss up in price but I can¹t help
wondering about the 20 year difference in technology.

Thanks, Randy - NB7E