Randy,

I have just added a Clifton Labs Z100000 buffer amp to tap the IF on the K2. I
intend to feed to an RSP1 so I can have a panandapter. This buffer amp is
something that I've had for years. Jack Clifford passed away several years ago,
so I believe it is now available through DX engineering. So, you could have a
band scope, but you wouldn't be able to QSY by touching the signal on the
screen, like the 7300 (and other new radios) can.

If you could live with 50W, the Tokyo Hi-Power HL45B (or HL-50B), and the
Hardrock 50 amps come up for sale used on QRZ.com quite often, sometimes in the
$250-$400 range. One of those, and a used LDG antenna tuner for ~$125.00 might
be a cheaper way to use the K2. However, a 7300 would certainly be an easier,
turn-key solution.

I love my K2/100, and it gives me a lot of pleasure operating it, and knowing
that I built it.

BTW, I have a spare, unused E850138 "Temp Compensated PLL Reference Upgrade"
kit. If you decide to upgrade the K2, I'll send it to you for $15.00.

Good luck. 73, Jim KO5V