Randy -

My situation is not dissimilar to yours, as I was licensed in the '60s,
inactive for an extended period, and became fully active again just a couple
years ago.  At that time, the IC-7300 seemed like the ideal rig for me, and
I have not been disappointed.  In fact, I now own two of them.  Interfacing
with a PC is as seamless as you can get, and requires only a proper USB
cable and installation of the correct driver for it.  I operate in all
digital modes as well as conventional analog modes.  The 7300's menu system
allows fine tuning of all the relevant options, and the settings can be
saved to an SD card for immediate retrieval ... which makes mode changing
very fast.

I was also "HOA challenged" until I was elected to the HOA board and managed
to get the rules changed.  I operated for nearly two years on a modified
G5RV Jr in an inverted V configuration in the attic.  I used the Icom AH-4
tuner connected to the 450 ohm feedline in the attic and the results were
nothing short of fantastic, considering all the handicaps.  I literally had
no problem matching any frequency from 160 thru 6 meters (a subsequent MARS
modification to the 7300 also gave me very narrow 630m coverage).

If you are planning any kind of balanced or unbalanced wire antenna, as long
as it is at least 24 feet long, I would highly recommend the same.  While I
have no firsthand experience with LDG tuners, I have spoken with several
users who have had bad experiences with the IT-100.

I also used my AH-4 with a 360 foot EDZ for a period of months with even
better results, but changed to the KAT500 this Summer in order to
accommodate more power (KPA500).  While the KAT500 is great for what it
does, I really miss the performance the AH-4 offered at low power.

Incidentally, the KPA/KAT500 combination also works seamlessly with the
7300.  It's the best of both worlds, and kudos to the Elecraft engineers for
making a fine product that "plays well" with non-Elecraft products.

73
Lyn, WØLEN