Randy,

You pose an interesting question. The 7300 has been *extremely* popular for the amount of features it delivers for the price. If you go that route you can sell the Signalink. However I'm not sure you would see much difference in receiver performance.

Another thought is a used K3 with a built-in tuner. There are a lot of them on the market now that the K4 is almost being delivered.

If FT8 is your only interest I'd suggest the 7300.

-de John NI0K