Good Evening,

   A cool week let me process more wood.  Four truck loads and I am only half done.  The woodpeckers enjoy when I peel off the outer layer of bark.  They find all sorts of tasty things to eat. A hungry gray jay found its way into the house and tried all of the windows to get back out.  Luckily she was easy to catch and carry back outside.

   The sun is still quiet.  Not even a decent solar breeze.

   Here is the list from last week.  Every time I came inside the house after a day of splitting and hauling wood I fell asleep. But it is best to make hay while the sun shines.

  On 14050.5 kHz at 2200z:

KC1ACL - Steve - NM

W0CZ - Ken - ND

K6XK - Roy - IA

AB9V - Mike - IN

K4JPN - Steve - GA

  On 7047.5 kHz at 0000z:

W0CZ - Ken - ND

K0DTJ - Brian - CA

K6PJV - Dale - CA

Please join us on (or near):

14050 kHz at 2200z Sunday (3 PM PDT Sunday)
  7047 kHz at 0000z Monday (5 PM PDT Sunday)

   73,
      Kevin. KD5ONS

_

// Enumerating the exothermic processes of the firewood cycle

// K. J. Rock
// (c) Bacona Design
// September 30, 2019

begin:

falling();
bucking();
splitting();

while (!burning)
    {
    moveWood(i);
    }

heat from wood stove and stove pipe();

end;

int moveWood(int type)
    {
    switch(type)
        {
        case 0:
            stack woodpile in forest;
            break;
        case 1:
            move to where I can get it into the truck;
            // (may be a recursive procedure)
            break;
        case 2:
            moveTruck();
            toss it into truck;
            break;
        case 3:
            moveTruck();
            take it out of truck;
            break;
        case 4:
            splitting();
            stack it on woodpile near house;
            break;
        case 5:
            splitting();
            move it to landing outside of house;
            break;
        case 6:
            move it to woodpile next to wood stove;
            break;
        case 10:
            put wood into wood stove;
            break;
        default:
            throw wood uphill in forest while bored;
            break;
        }
    return errorCode;
    }