I agree about it's utility :-).

73,

Bill WE5P

> On Oct 18, 2019 at 18:31, David Gilbert  <xda...@cis-broadband.com>  wrote:
>

>  Yeah, I understand that. If you're going to have a clock it might as well be
> accurate. I just don't understand why anyone cares about the clock to start
> with. At least not unless or until Elecraft enables some embedded app in the
> K4 that needs it. I doubt anyone needs +/- a couple seconds accuracy for
> anything that would involve manually transcribing the time from the rig.
> Agree about Windows. When I power on my Win10 laptop that I use for FT8 the
> damn thing is about 2.5 seconds off until Meinberg decides to step in and fix
> things. Pretty sad. 73, Dave AB7E On 10/18/2019 2:59 PM, Bill Weaver wrote:
> >  The flip side of that is with ntp being around since the stone age and  >
> the K4 having that feature implicitly, why not have it dead on? I have  >  to
> use a 3rd party program to keep windows close which is a joke in  >  the 21st
> century.  >   >  73,  >  Bill WE5P  >   >   >>  On Oct 18, 2019 at 17:50,
> David Gilbert  >   >  wrote:  >>   >>  I've never understood the obsess!
 ion with
clocks and clock accuracy on  >>  the K3/K3s/K4 series of rigs, yet it keeps
popping up here from time to  >>  time. I would think that 98+% of the
operations with these rigs  >>  involves the use of computer logging programs,
almost all of which  >>  boldly, conspicuously, and accurately display the time
and autolog it.  >>  I could see the need for it on a KX2 or KX3, but why is it
such a big  >>  deal on the base stations?  >>   >>  Just curious. I'm a long
time K3 owner and I never use the internal clock.  >>   >>  73,  >>  Dave AB7E
>>   >>   >>  On 10/18/2019 1:18 PM, Doug Turnbull wrote:  >>   >  Chuck,  >>
>  Do you mean a 24 hour clock? I too would like this.  >>   >   >>   >  73
Doug EI2CN  >>   >>