From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Bill Weaver
Sent: 18 October 2019 23:46
To: David Gilbert; elecraft
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Dual panadapter on K4 at Pacificon

I agree about it's utility :-).

73,

Bill WE5P

> On Oct 18, 2019 at 18:31, David Gilbert  <xda...@cis-broadband.com>
wrote:

>  Yeah, I understand that. If you're going to have a clock it might as well
be accurate. I just don't understand why anyone cares about the clock to
start with. At least not unless or until Elecraft enables some embedded app
in the K4 that needs it. I doubt anyone needs +/- a couple seconds accuracy
for anything that would involve manually transcribing the time from the rig.
Agree about Windows. When I power on my Win10 laptop that I use for FT8 the
damn thing is about 2.5 seconds off until Meinberg decides to step in and
fix things. Pretty sad. 73, Dave AB7E On 10/18/2019 2:59 PM, Bill Weaver
wrote:  >  The flip side of that is with ntp being around since the stone
age and  >  the K4 having that feature implicitly, why not have it dead on?
I have  >  to use a 3rd party program to keep windows close which is a joke
in  >  the 21st century.  >   >  73,  >  Bill WE5P  >   >   >>  On Oct 18,
2019 at 17:50, David Gilbert  >   >  wrote:  >>   >>  I've never understood
the obsess!
 ion with
clocks and clock accuracy on  >>  the K3/K3s/K4 series of rigs, yet it keeps
popping up here from time to  >>  time. I would think that 98+% of the
operations with these rigs  >>  involves the use of computer logging
programs, almost all of which  >>  boldly, conspicuously, and accurately
display the time and autolog it.  >>  I could see the need for it on a KX2
or KX3, but why is it such a big  >>  deal on the base stations?  >>   >>
Just curious. I'm a long time K3 owner and I never use the internal clock.
>>   >>  73,  >>  Dave AB7E  >>   >>   >>  On 10/18/2019 1:18 PM, Doug
Turnbull wrote:  >>   >  Chuck,  >>   >  Do you mean a 24 hour clock? I too
would like this.  >>   >   >>   >  73 Doug EI2CN  >>   >>
ww.qsl.net  >>  Please help support this email list:
http://www.qsl.net/donate.html  >>  Message delivered to
weave...@usermail.com  >>

Message delivered to turnb...@net1.ie