Elecraft itself was forged during Field Day. This (and other cases where
portability matter) are engrained in our DNA :)

A K4 or K4D is actually in a similar price range to K3S stations, as typically
configured. And many of these are taken out of the shack, at least historically
speaking.

The added convenience of a built-in panadapter is of great utility on FD or for
DXpeditions. I used the rig last FD and it definitely enhanced my abilities as
an operator. Since we also have a lot of expansion capability in software,
we'll be able to add features in the future targeted at enhancing operating
convenience and efficiency.

73,
Wayne
N6KR