I've seen the detector van driving around the neighborhood in Dunoon
(Argyle) in Scotland when I was there courtesy of the USN. They also
used to run a commercial showing a nuculer family sitting around the
warm glow of the telly .. when the cops break down the door and drag
away dad, the VO comes in "Have you renewed your television license?"