Subject was "pexiglass"

John D'Ausilio wrote:
> when the cops break down the door and drag away dad, the VO comes
> in "Have you renewed your television license?"

Yes indeed, and a little frightening for us Colonists, what with all that "pursuit of happiness" babble and all. However, the radiation from the TV comes primarily from the parts that make the screen light up with a raster (if it's a CRT, and then, of course it probably was) ... fairly high voltage sharp-edged signals with lots of harmonics ... and they do radiate, at least for many tens of meters, on very predictable frequencies. The LO's are still pretty weak and generally below the noise.

Connection to Elecraft:

1. I can't hear the K2 LO on my wide-band service monitor with the input connected to the K2 antenna connector or laying next to the power cable so I assume the NSA can't either

2. Elecraft products do not have CRT's associated with them so no one is likely to break down your door on that account while you're on the air.

3. When transmitting with my K2, it is my sincere desire that *everyone* can hear me. (OK, that 'connection' is a little weak)

There was one thread some time ago that began with an Elecraft question that slowly morphed into dentistry (don't ask me how). This one has covered transparent plastic, tools to work with it, advisability of using it, sources of plastic, war (that was a big jump, no?), military radio equipment, frozen battleships made of ice (not sure how that happened), TV police, and at least one Urban Legend. I wonder how far it will continue.

N0SS: A friend agreed to fix the Mitrek repeater and controller problems that filled my workbench, and I'm back to fixing the KPA100 problem that resulted from the attempt to fix the 40m parasitic problem. Stay tuned.

Fred K6DGW
Auburn CA CM98lw
K2 4398
KX1 897