Hi all,

I’ve used my KAT500 with pleasure for many years, but recently a problem has
arisen: I’ve lost the serial communication feature. I’ve already swapped the
KXUSB cable with another one (home-brew) so I’m pretty sure it’s not the KXUSB
that’s gone kaput. And the PC is doing USB comms fine (e.g. the USB interfaces
to my K3), so I guess it’s not the PC or the USB port either.

I’m contemplating trying a KAT500 factory reset. But two questions arise:
1. Can I do a factory reset without having the serial comms working (so: can I
do a factory reset other than from within the KAT500 Utility)?
2. What antennas are enabled after a factory reset?

(Question 2 is because I have multiple antennas connected to the KAT500, and if
the factory defaults would be that only ANT1 would be enabled, I would lose
functionality until I’ve got the KAT500 repaired…)

Hope the collective wisdom of the group can help me out.

73 de Frank PA4N