Good Evening,

   Both bands were weak and unstable, here one minute, gone the next.  However, QSB improved signals enough to copy some of what you were sending.  I was switching from one antenna to the other. I could hear better on one and you could hear better on the other.  Roy remarked on how dry it has been.  I read crop forecasts last week which predicted poor harvests of hard wheat and canola.  If you like pasta it might be good to buy a little extra for storage.  Or invest in commodity futures.

   I plan to use my telescope to inspect both antennas. Something just doesn't seem right about them.  Maybe a connection has shorted or broken.  Or build another one just for practice. With the wind I receive, a spare every other year is good.

  On 14050.5 kHz at 2200z:

K0DTJ - Brian - CA

KL7CW - Rick - AK

K6XK - Roy - IA

K4JPN - Steve - GA

AB9V - Mike - IN

NO8V - John - MI

  On 7047.5 kHz at 0000z:

WM5F - Dwight - ID

K0DTJ - Brian - CA

K6PJV - Dale - CA

   Until next week 73,

      Kevin.  KD5ONS

-

The groaning trencher there ye fill,
Your hurdies like a distant hill,
Your pin wad help to mend a mill
In time o’ need,
While thro’ your pores the dews distil
Like amber mead.

His knife see Rustic-labour dight,
An’ cut you up wi’ ready slight,
Trenching your gushing entrails bright,
Like onie ditch;
And then, O what a glorious sight,
Warm-reekin, rich!

Then, horn for horn, they stretch an’ strive:
Deil tak the hindmost, on they drive,
Till a’ their weel-swall’d kytes belyve
Are bent like drums;
Then auld Guidman, maist like to rive,