Good Evening,

   Friday the week long foggy cocoon broke open.  Shadows started to form, then the birds came out.  They favored a finely seeded bush outside my window.  The normal flock of Oregon juncos was preceded by another, smaller bird.  Mostly too quick to follow she paused in a beam of light.  I got one field mark in that snapshot.  But her behavior and size gave me a hint.  A female Golden-Crowned kinglet is now in my log.

  Our sun has awakened.  A number of sunspot groups are sending flares in multiple directions.  One of those hit earth today.  I checked twenty meters and found DX stations booming in.  The band wasn't noisy, I had expected a steady hiss.  Hopefully it will be clear tonight because Oregon may get some aurora.  My native Wisconsin is much closer to the magnetic pole, aurora were fairly common.

Please join us on (or near):

14050 kHz at 2200z Sunday (3 PM PDT Sunday)
  7047 kHz at 0000z Monday (5 PM PDT Sunday)

   73,
      Kevin. KD5ONS

-

There's something happening here