Thank you guys.  Wayne, your rigs make it easier to dig out the weak stations.  My rural location limits the noise while my elevation helps my propagation.  However, the weather you mention eats my antennas on a regular basis.

I try to write what I know and what I have been told.  For instance the comment about jumping out of a perfectly good aircraft was my father's joke with my uncle.  Uncle Irvin was a paratrooper while my dad was a radioman on B17s and B24s.  When he jumped out the plane was on fire or falling apart :)

Reporting the seasonal changes seems appropriate for a radio which is often used outside, in the weather.  I find CW soothing so while I'm listening I am watching the forest for activity. It's a built in reflex, like birding.  Where dad would sit me in the shop with the command, "Sit down and shut up!" mom would take me out to a blind without the commands where I would sit down and shut up :)  However, both had me observing at all times.  Dad taught me which end of a soldering iron to hold and corrected my pronunciation of the word impedance.

It is fun to test the propagation week after week.  Too bad the conditions did not allow for more contacts today.  I expect we'll find this cycle to be a good one.  I had no faith in those previous bad reports.

Thanks for all the years of fun and soothing CW.

   73,  Kevin.  KD5ONS