Good Evening,

   Each morning this week has been foggy and cool.  The forest undergrowth is green while fire danger is moderate.  I followed the trail the elk took.  It was easy to see where they had walked because a swath of grass was broken all in the same direction. Hunters have been driving through watching their movement.  The path would take them into a deep wooded area with a stream.  It is quite a hike to the bottom so few hunters get there.

  The sun has more spots than last week.  The flux is higher too.  A few active spots are ready to throw more ions our way.  I expect moderate QSB along with summer storm static.  Conditions were passable on 15 meters today; hopefully that will hold on 20 meters tomorrow.  One can never tell about propagation, sometimes it's reciprocal and others it isn't.

Please join us on (or near):

14050 kHz at 2200z Sunday (3 PM PDT Sunday)
 7047 kHz at 0000z Monday (5 PM PDT Sunday)

73,
      Kevin.  KD5ONS

-

While fixing my plumbing I found the cause of the leak:

A stainless steel shutoff valve             Fe/Cr etc
screws onto a galvanized pipe            Zn/Fe etc
which screws into a brass fitting         Cu/Zn
soldered to                                          Pb/Sn
a copper pipe.                                      Cu

Dissimilar metals in an aqueous environment creates multiple galvanic cells.  The galvanized pipe lost the battle of electrodes on both ends.  I replaced it with a PVC pipe to break the circuit.  Which will be the next weakest link?