Good Evening,

   When Douglas Fir are thinner than about twelve inches in diameter they are shaded silver.  As they grow that color is broken by cracks of brown.  My trees were thinned a few years ago but only this season have I seen a change in their growth.  On my weekly hike almost every fir tree I saw had "cracked" by some degree.  Many of these trees are 50 years old and less than a foot in diameter.  They will make excellent power poles one day; a quite dense interior surrounded by larger growth rings, plus they have no branches for ninety feet.

   The sun is active.  After a string of CMEs we now have a crack in earth's magnetic.  If it's not one thing ...  This allows more ions into the system.  I expect QSB will be moderate to intense with a variety of speeds.  Summer storms with space noise will bring crackle and hiss.  Sounds like a record you left in the sun and need a nickel on the tone arm to play, only the lyrics are in CW.  Who sold those CW records in the early 60s?  Ameco?  I learned a few letters from them while others were studying.

Please join us on (or near):

14050 kHz at 2200z Sunday (3 PM PDT Sunday)
 7047 kHz at 0000z Monday (5 PM PDT Sunday)

73,
      Kevin.  KD5ONS

-

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.