Good Evening,

   The season quickly changed to fall.  Night time temperatures hover around 40, with cool days around 60.  The smoke is mostly gone but sunsets are still red.  With no real rain fire danger is still high.  Birds have started to move,  I heard a few strands of geese moving around today; in a few weeks they will be headed south.

   The active sunspot group from two weeks ago has returned and it is as active as it was previously. It is lining up in our direction just in time for tomorrow's nets.  A CME takes a few days to get here but an X class flare has faster effects.  As the sun moves toward equinox forty meters is opening sooner.  Tomorrow we can test it again.  Both bands should have summer storm noise along with moderate QSB.  See you tomorrow.

Please join us on (or near):

14050 kHz at 2200z Sunday (3 PM PDT Sunday)
 7047 kHz at 0000z Monday (5 PM PDT Sunday)

73,
      Kevin.  KD5ONS

-

When human respect is disintegratin'
This whole crazy world is just too frustratin'

And you tell me over and over and over again, my friend
Ah, you don't believe we're on the eve of destruction

// if (delta length is too large) then break the bond for the rest of the run
// coefficient of flexing = delta length/equilibrium length
// become plastic at 50% then break at 90%
// { 0.0 <= elastic <= 0.5 <= plastic <= 0.9 <= break <= 1.0 }
// count flexure over 40% to measure fatigue
// when count reaches N then lower the elastic, plastic, break levels

                    // Hooke's law controls elastic regime
struct pt springForce( struct pt p1, struct pt p2 )
    {
    struct pt direction;
    float magnitude;

    direction = vecMinusVec( p2, p1 );             // a - b'
    magnitude = Deq - length( direction );      // compression + / tension -

//    if ( magnitude>1.3*Deq ) magnitude = 1.2 * Deq;  // limit stretching

    return scale( direction, magnitude*K );      // scaled force vector
    }