Good Evening,

   Three inches of fresh snow reveals a lot.  I saw a family group of four coyotes against the white backdrop.  They entered the more open areas of my land covered with grasses, shrubs, and ferns under the canopy of fir and hemlock.  They split into two pairs; I lost track of the farther two.  The nearer ones worked as a team.  One would pounce, slapping its forelegs on either side of a lump of grass or ferns.  The other pounced from another direction a moment later, landing snout first to catch its prey. They took turns and did quite well for themselves, catching small rodents with a one in four success rate.

   Our sun has few spots, although 3153 is threatening.  The solar flux rate is about the same as last week.  The auroral oval shows some ions are flowing our way, but not in vast numbers (astronomically speaking of course).  QSB may be lower.  The best way to find out about the propagation is to try it and see, you may be surprised.

Please join us on (or near):

14050 kHz at 2300z Sunday  (3 PM PST Sunday)
 7047 kHz at 0100z Monday  (5 PM PST Sunday)

73,
      Kevin.  KD5ONS

-

Winter seclusion -