Good Evening,

   It was a busy, chilly week.  On Tuesday I found myself in a field of elk.  They are surprisingly noisy.  As they diffuse through my property they test the rotted slash.  Now I have more paths to walk and there is less forage.  On Wednesday I saw a large covey of California quail pecking gravel from the road.  I have never seen them at this elevation before.  Then, early Thursday morning well before dawn, I was awakened by a strange noise. https://www.facebook.com/FgcuCampusNaturalists/videos/ever-heard-a-bobcat-meow-sound-on/188075285731685/

   The sun has a few sunspot groups but solar wind is due to sweep the ionosphere this weekend.  Things could get noisy but we will still enjoy QSB.  Hopefully twenty meters will work better than last week.  When I hear little noise I usually work fewer stations.  Forty meters runs shortly after local sunset. Conditions change quickly as the net proceeds.  Soon I will have to move it forward 30 minutes.  My vertical antennas are surviving windstorms pretty well; doublets fall to flying tree limbs within a year.  Past antennas provide plenty of material to make new ones.

Please join us on (or near):

14050 kHz at 2300z Sunday  (3 PM PST Sunday)
 7047 kHz at 0100z Monday  (5 PM PST Sunday)

73,
      Kevin.  KD5ONS

-

I’m truly sorry Man’s dominion