Good Evening,

   The winds have slowed a bit but the rain continues.  I lost a few large fir trees to wind in the SW corner of my land.  The trees were exposed to the neighboring clear cut and the SW wind. Douglas Fir trees do not have a tap root; they have surface roots which are not very extensive.  Soggy soil makes them more vulnerable.

  The sun is awake.  Lots of sunspots.  High levels of solar flux.  X class flares, interspersed with M class flares, have been zapping the D layer all week, blocking HF communications at times.  I expect varied amounts of QSB at many rates.  Should be interesting :)

Please join us on (or near) :

14050 kHz at 2300z Sunday  (3 PM PST Sunday)
 7047 kHz at 0100z Monday  (5 PM PST Sunday)

73,
      Kevin.  KD5ONS

-

Should you ask where Nawadaha