Brett,

Yes, the Kenwood TS-820 was a single conversion transceiver that implemented IF shift.

To have IF shift in a single conversion receiver it is necessary to change both the VFO and BFO together in synch (and in the proper direction). I believe it could have been done in the K2 microprocessor with enough memory space to accomplish that feat. The K2 microprocessor has been short on available memory space for its entire lifetime.

73,
Don W3FPR

VR2BrettGraham wrote:
No, this is not an LDE - I simply missed sending it
originally.

In the meantime, I would have sworn the TS-820 my
father had did have an IF shift knob, turning that knob
caused it to behave like the radio had IF shift & this IF
shift functionality worked on all bands.