much easier than the heathkit.

You will notice the parts are smaller, has no point to point wiring, and almost no mechanical assemblies involved like the tediuos assemblies in HW 9. The alignment (for K1) is easier too.

Many find it enjoyable to build and usually sell them so they can build another one!

Ron, wb1hga

Chip Hood wrote:
I am trying to get a feel for the difficulty to build a K-2 (w/SSB and tuner
options) compared to a Heathkit HW-9:  difficulty, time to complete,
troubleshooting, etc.

My last kit was a good while back - an HW-9 with band pack.  I'd like to build
the K-2 myself but don't want to bite off more than I can handle or have time
to complete.