--- Chip Hood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am trying to get a feel for the difficulty to
> build a K-2 (w/SSB and tuner options) compared to a
> Heathkit HW-9:  difficulty, time to complete,
> troubleshooting, etc.

It's been a while since I built an HW9 and the "little
grey cells" seem to be getting away from me in my
dotage, but I don't remember any greater degree of
difficulty building the K2 over the HW9.  It took me
about 40 hours to build the basic K2--I'm kinda slow.
With the HW9 I had to find someone to borrow a freq
meter from to align it, the K2 only requires a DMM.
Also, with the HW9, I didn't have an email list to
bail me out of my dumb mistakes.  All things
considered, I'd rather do a K2.

Bob Baxter aa7eq