Your message to me has the headers:

From: Ian Stirling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net

The only way I can get a reply to go to the list is to select Reply
All, which is hidden in a menu. Then a reply goes to the sender and a
separate Cc to the list. You'll probably get two copies of this. :) If
anyone knows how to make Reply All the default option in GMail I'd be
extremely grateful.

GMail does display messages in threads, which is one reason why it is
a very good way to read this list. I can see the In-Reply-To:, but
GMail is obviously clever enough to know that despite that, if the
subject header changes it is probably a new topic.

Julian, G4ILO
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com
K2 s/n: 392  K3 s/n: ???
www.Ham-Directory.com: the best ham resources on the net