On Friday 29 June 2007 00:45:44 Charles Harpole wrote:
> Please, no offense meant, but could Elecraft posters please put the model
> name of the subject of your post in the subject line of the message?

  I wish people would understand that hitting "reply" on a message
in order to pick up the list address is not the correct way to start
a new thread.
 Charles, your intended top level, new thread, is nested two deep
in the KAT100 thread started by Scott.

 Hitting "reply" and changing the subject does not start a new thread.
Threads, (references in the usually invisible headers), are a way to
allow changing subjects as topics change and still link to the origins.

  Hitting "reply" within a thread with an unrelated topic is not only
bad netiquette, the sender risks those bored with the thread won't
even see it because they don't open the possibly uninteresting thread
below which it was posted.

Ian, G4ICV, AB2GR, K2 #4962