Good Evening,
Field Day was fun last week. I did not make as many contacts as the years before but I got to be around people. That was nice; they even fed me :) The weather was pleasant with only a little rain. It did not get too hot nor too cold either. The new park was much nicer than I had expected. Unfortunately the short way home had been blocked. Maybe I should petition for a key to the logging gate so my trek would only be four miles instead of the twenty mile round-about route. The deer have been moving around. I saw one buck whose antlers are getting large near my neighbor's property. I also saw one doe with a very small fawn. My front yard deer population has dropped to one doe; the others have not made an appearance in almost two weeks. Turk's cap lilies are gradually working their way up the mountain as are the foxglove. It is time to start cutting the cold deck into firewood for this winter. I have four cords so far from the trees felled by the windstorm but cannot burn that until late winter or early spring. The cold deck has been sitting for two seasons so it is quite dry. Conditions on twenty were not so hot during the morning but early evening listening has been good. I did listen a little on forty during the week but mostly I have been too busy to monitor the bands. There are a few sunspots visible but I am not sure of their activity level. We have two new interns at work so my throughput has dropped drastically as I monitor and train them. In a few weeks I should be able to do my own work again :) My office space went from very quiet and productive to noisy and unproductive. Three people in my 'space' does not help me write software!

   Tomorrow:

1) Hail signs  (first letter or two of the suffix of your call)
2) NCS help (as well as QSP/QNP <relay> help)

   Please join us:

Sunday 2300z (Sunday 4 PM PDT) 14050 kHz
Monday 0200z (Sunday 7 PM PDT)  7045 kHz

   73,
        Kevin.  KD5ONS