Good Evening,
A soggy day today; nice to stay inside next to the fire. The wet is causing trouble in the phone lines though. I think the longest I've kept an Internet connection all day is fifteen minutes! I am not sure what happened but maybe one of the mountain's vistors shot up a connection box. Most likely someone was sighting in their rifle. I have had better luck on HF however. Twenty meters was open to 2 and 8 land while I was eating dinner and during the week it was open quite nicely into 5 land. There is a bit of QSB now but if you either speed up or slow down you'll defeat the rapid flutter. Otherwise there is a wagon wheel effect which makes for tough copy. Forty meters was open last night from the Plains into Alaska. I also heard a Hawaiian station in contact with a JA. Sunspot 960 (may it rest in peace) did its job while it was in existence. The deer are back eating the yard again. They also like the new growth on the fir and hemlock. I expect to see elk in the front yard soon because they get fat on the tree's new growth. However, the nearby clearcuts have a lot to eat from the replanting which occurred a few months ago. It is much lower so they don't need to work too hard. Mine is over six feet off the ground so they would have to reach :) But I do have quite a few trees leaning at between 10 and 45 degrees which are still growing. Hopefully the elk will get a chance to eat some of that before I am forced to cut them down.

   Tomorrow:

1) Hail signs  (first letter or two of the suffix of your call)
2) NCS help (as well as QSP/QNP <relay> help)

   Please join us:

Sunday 2300z (Sunday 4 PM PDT) 14050 kHz
Monday 0200z (Sunday 7 PM PDT)  7045 kHz

   73,
      Kevin.  KD5ONS