Hello Craig,

For LF work I am using a Wandel & Goltermann selective level meter.
The tuning knob measures a meagre 22 mm / 0.86 inch.
Nevertheless this has never bothered me as the tuning rate adjusts itself to the tuning speed.
The tuning speed can be set to a step of either 1 Hz / 100 Hz.
With a step of 1 Hz it is easy to have a tuning speed of 10 Hz per revolution.
As this unit has a filter of 24 Hz wide, you need this at times.
With 100 Hz per step a good swivel of the knob brings you from the start to the other end of the 1650 kHz wide tuning range (200 Hz - 1650 kHz).

The tuning of my K2 is a set back in this regard.
K2#6177 worked this morning 3B7C on 18 MHz with a 2 x 50 feet doublet as antenna.
Never used a rig with split before, but it works like a treat.

I have also been measuring the power output for a fixed setting of the power control.
T4 has been wound 2:2:1:1 for better efficiency at 5W:
Supply voltage was 12.2 V and a 50 ohm dummy load was used.
The RF voltage over the dummy load was measured with a 10:1 probe connected to a Tektronix 465B oscilloscope.

Band    output (W)       supply current (A)
============================
160        5.1                    1.38
80          5.1                    1.36
40          5.3                    1.46
30          4.8                    1.36
20          5.1                    1.38
17          5.3                    1.38
15          4.8                    1.34
12          5.3                    1.28
10          5.5                    1.40

When we take the mean power as (4.8 + 5.5) / 2 = 5.15, delta max is 0.35 W.
I find this quite amazing.

Roelof Bakker,pa0rdt
Middelburg, Netherlands
JO11tm

--
Mijn Postvak In wordt beschermd door SPAMfighter.
Download de gratis SPAMfighter via deze link: http://www.spamfighter.com/lnl