Joe, aa4nn wrote:
Exactly.  Human factor=Flashy knobs.

NEW Q SIGS:

QKN?  "How many knobs does your radio have?"

QKK?  "How many of them do you actually know how to use?"

I find that my KLR [knob learning rate] on a new radio is about 1 K/M [knob per month]. I would like to finish the learning curve within my life expectancy, I'm 67, hence smaller numbers are good. I studied a new IC-7800 at K6IDX's place a couple of years ago. The number of knobs, switches, and buttons exceeds my ability to count them, and few if any of the legends conjured up anything that I thought I knew about radio. I've seen the K3 at an NCCC meeting. It's HF [human factor] is within my limits and I think I can handle it.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2007 CQP Oct 6-7