I agree with Jim, N2EY on all points. However, this forum is an excellent avenue for consumer feedback. Disagreements should not be discouraged. The K3 is probably NOT the last product Elecraft will produce. If there is a profitable niche to address some of the issues brought up, then it makes sense to provide a product to meet those needs. Whining is one thing. Consumer feedback is another...I guess they DO overlap.

To the folks at Elecraft, I think you hit it out of the park with the K3. (I think you hit it out of the park with the K2!) If QRP kits with large knobs, etc. have a niche, I am sure you can fill it, if you want.

I like to consider the marketplace (ANY marketplace) as infinitely large.

John
AB8O