Dave (et al):
I pass that large array (at the FAA, LI MacArthur Airport)
every day on the way to work. I have been wondering for years how to get my K2 hooked up to it. I have friends who work there, but alas, they have no good connections..hi.
73
Ken WB2ART

David Wilburn wrote:
I know the FAA facility out on Long Island has a large periodic antenna on a tower. Not too high up. I have seen similar antennas on other government and non-government agencies I have run across in my travels.

I was doing some work at the US-West / Qwest labs in southwest Denver, and noticed some nice big antennas on its roof. Assumed it was a club station, but was not able to find out about it during my two weeks there.

David Wilburn
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
K4DGW
K2 #5982
FP#-1751

Darwin, Keith wrote:
What is the biggest antenna you've ever used?
In the mid 80's I had access to a 13 element log periodic that covered
40 -10 meters.  It was 200 feet above ground.  The club station had a
Henry amp to drive it.  Man, what a signal!
Anyone know anything about this antenna? I know it was made by Collins
and was apparently designed for military use.  At 10,000 lbs, it sure
was big!
- Keith N1AS -
- K2 5411.ssb.100 -