>Barry N1EU, regarding your comment about shape factor, I assume you know
about the K3 Context filter.

Yes Bill, and I look forward to seeing how it works.  But the filter
slopes on the context filter are not adjustable either so we're
talking apples and oranges.  If the firmware can support variable
filter slope (taps), it would be one more effective tool in pulling
weak signals out when impulse noise (static crash) is present.  Very
narrow selectivity to improve s/n coupled with a gentle slope (low
taps) to reduce ringing can be a potent combination in noisy lowband
condx.

73,
Barry N1EU