David Ferrington, M0XDF wrote:
>I have a brain that passed the full license, it knows where not to go!

I got one of those brain things too, but by day 2 of a contest it needs all the help it can get.

It would be really helpful to have user-configurable frequency points where the rig will emit a warning beep as the operator tunes through. Nothing else, just a discreet warning.

For example, I can always use a reminder when crossing the edges of the beacon bands. Another use would be to program a beep at the frequency limits that might be written into the rules of a particular contest.

Since other people might have different frequencies of interest, or might not want the facility at all, it would need to be user-configurable.

Configuration could be as simple as:
1. Set menu item
2. Tune to a frequency
3. Press something to toggle beep on/off.

Obviously not urgent, but maybe worth considering for the longer term.

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK