Lee, et al:

At 09:20 03/31/2008, Lee Buller wrote:
I sure the repairs will be Damon...but UPS rates have soared since gas
and diesel have skyrocketed.  I ordered a 10 dollar part from
Mouser and they shipped it for 10 dollars.  So the 10 dollar part
cost me 20 bucks.  I called Mouser to complain but of course
they could do nothing about the charges.  I asked them to
make provision on the web site to choose USPS.  Much cheaper
for small parts.

I have been using US Postal Service for all my shipping.
They are cheaper right now, and I sure an increase will be
in the works, but they good service as well.  Also, they
do not up charge for shipping like other agents for UPS.
Right now the USPS is a great bargain for shipping.

Actually, MOUSER _does_ apply a 'handling fee' for items shipped via
the US Postal System, since they (MOUSER) claim they must hand-carry
(don't ask my why) the packages TO the post office.  Seems I've read
a number of places that the USPS will come and PICK up your packages
if you have enough volume... surely MOUSER would fit that description.

Anyway, MOUSER does charge a handling fee for USPS-shipped items, AND
if you ship them PRIORITY MAIL, there's also a 'tracking charge' for
that 'feature' (which is essentially WORTHLESS since you can't TRACK
anything in the USPS until several WEEKS after it's been shipped).

MOUSER does NOT charge a handling fee for UPS or FedEx shipments, but
there IS an additional fee charges for RESIDENTIAL deliveries, so if
you can get your packages shipped to your office, or to that of a friend,
you will same some $$ as well.

73,

Tom   N0SS