To: "Lee Buller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 11:23 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] OT: UPS Rates - Editorial Comment

You would be hard pressed to beat the USPS today. The Priority Mail flat rate
service is the way to go.  Check here:

http://www.usps.com/shipping/flatrate.htm?from=priority&page=flatrate <http://www.usps.com/shipping/flatrate.htm?from=priority&page=flatrate>

$4.60 for an envelope and $8.95 for a box. Whatever you can fit in it, and they
furnish the box or envelope too. Free sizes here:

http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductCategoryDisplay?catalogId=10152&storeId=10001&categoryId=13359&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=11820&top_category=11820 <http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductCategoryDisplay?catalogId=10152&storeId=10001&categoryId=13359&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=11820&top_category=11820>

I've abandoned a purchase when the vendor could or would not use this service. Why pay 2 or more times the USPS rate for ground service across the country by
one of the Big 3 carriers taking 5 days, this is usually 3 day service.

No, I'm not a Postal Employee just a satisfied user of the service..... I'll concede that the tracking of a package is not as good. All you get is pick up and delivery.

73,
Bob
K2TK
I have been using US Postal Service for all my shipping.
They are cheaper right now, and I sure an increase will be in the works, but they good service as well. Also, they
do not up charge for shipping like other agents for UPS.
Right now the USPS is a great bargain for shipping.

Lee
K0WA