I tried something last night that may be of interest to some CW ops. Although most of us are always in search of ways to narrow CW bandwidth, there are times when listening to CW is made more enjoyable when the receiver is allowed to open up a bit, especially with AFX activated.

In order to engage in wideband CW reception with the wider crystal and DSP filters, press SPLIT, then A=>B. Set VFO A for either LSB or USB. Then, set VFO B to CW. Next, press and hold the SUB button to link VFO A with VFO B. The CW offset can be made to match the sidetone frequency by setting VFO A and B to slightly different frequencies (difference being the side-tone frequency). I stored my settings into memory so I don't have to go through all the gyrations next time. With this approach, the rig is transmitting CW on VFO B, but listening in either LSB or USB on VFO A.

It's important to set the Rx frequency on VFO A up by the offset amount (e.g., 600 Hz) for CW LSB receive, and down by the offset amount for CW USB receive. My tests show that QSK performance remains super-fast and is not affected with this procedure.

Paul