----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill W4ZV" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I can't explain others' problems but all 3 of my Heil headsets have plenty
of AF gain with the K3...even for very weak signals buried in noise.

73,  Bill

Headphone comfort has been a challange for me!
I have several ProSets - They have good audio, like Bill said. I don't like them because they are uncomfortable - after about 5 or 6 hours my left ear hurts. The JBL noise canceling headphones feel better, sound better, but after 5 or 6 hours they hurt. The $35, made in China, noise cancelling headset from Meijer (like a WalMart or KMart) are very good for the long run, but they don't sound as good. Just picked up a very good pair of computer gaming headset and electret boom mike attached. 150 ohms impedance and so far they sound great .... I guess NAQP in Aug will be the test to see if they can last over 5 hours.
If they do, I'll have a couple Heil Pro sets for sale.

73 Hank K8DD