Clearly I must be missing something.

In my view, all the reported distortion numbers are beyond expectations.
After all you are buying a $2K radio, not a many kilobuck audio system.

The "problems" people are having with "harmonics" when they listen to CW
with a 2.7KHz filter/DSP setting seem to be easily solved by just reducing
the DSP bandwidth.  The last resort solution is to get a few years older and
you won't hear them.

Workarounds for other problems seem to given in the postings.

I personally hear and see nothing objectional given the above perspective.

73 de Brian/K3KO