On my Icom 746 Pro, when I press and hold REV (or tap A/B)the mode,
frequency and bandwidth can change.

Bob Serwy - N9RS

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Joe Subich, W4TV
Sent: Saturday, September 13, 2008 9:08 AM
To: 'Vic K2VCO'
Cc: 'Elecraft Reflector'; 'wayne burdick'
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] Re: K3: A>B two-step (was "illogical coding")

> Not true. The two VFOs can be set with different bandwidths
> (etc.) and then when you hold REV or tap A/B, all the parameters
> change. This is how you work a pileup (at least, this is how I did it)
> when you do not have a subreceiver.

It is not necessary that all the parameters change when holding REV or A/B.
The other transceivers I've used that lack second receivers do not change
bandwidth or mode when holding Rev or change bandwidth when swapping VFOs.
Whether bandwidth changes or not is not significant.

The key is that MODE not change or more specifically mode be stored with
frequency on A->B.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV