  From: n4dsp<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  To: Jeremiah McCarthy<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Sent: Sunday, October 05, 2008 9:29 AM
  Subject: Re: [Elecraft] CFL's

    Are we speaking of the new Green lights that the liberals from California
are pushing onto us?

    john

    I had this same experience in a living room lamp...I feel that we came
close to having a fire because the lamp socket was too hot to touch...The white
base of the bulb is not ceramic, it is plastic and is hollow, containing a
number of electronic components...In my case, the white base was cooked to a
light brown, was cracked, and it collapsed when I tried to unscrew it...The PCB
inside was burned to a crisp...This bulb bore the name and logo of a bed-rock
American company and was made in China...It would seem that the hype selling
these bulbs to rhe public should include a warning about allowing the bulb,
which runs relatively cool, to be too close to flammable objects, such as
lampshades...

    Jerry, wa2dkg

    Message: 7