Ralph Tyrrell wrote:
I am the one that started this thread, altho the subject line has changed. It
is wonderful to have OT subjects that all can learn from.

Thanks to all that responed. I have learned much and now have even more concerns about CFLs.
On the the next step, Where can I buy (or build) an LED desk lamp that I can
pulg into a spare APP (Anderson Power Pole) connection on my Rig Runner. That
will complete my emergency power setup. (Until I decide to put up solar panels.)

73, Ty, W1TF
Check out Ikea, if you have one near by. They've got a great selection of white-LED lamps.

Pete

--
Peter N. Spotts -- KC1JB
http://www.kc1jb.net (under construction)