If you want to have the use of any 110v lamp:

I gave up on trying to buy all the special and separate chargers and
everything for 12 volt.  What I do now, and it works for "everything", is to
use a power inverter in the car, truck, and on the bench for a "few" small
things.  When you get your cell phone, HT, laptop, or whatever, you get a
110v volt recharging device.  With the inverter, you are set.  One of the
inverters I have is probably about 15 years old and has been mobile most of
the time (and looks it), kicked around, abused (physically) and it still
works great (hard to tell what color it WAS).

When I go mobile to an event in radio support, I usually take an additional
battery and use it separate from the vehicle to run the radios until it
needs recharging and then jump them together (through a long 18 ga wire to
add some resistance during the initial recharging to limit recharge current
and protect the wiring) and start the car .  Another plus is that you can
take a REAL 110v trouble light instead of a flashlight.

If you want to put a lamp on the desk, get an inverter and use ANY 110v lamp
(but put in a more sensible bulb than 100w) remembering your power usage is
now multiplied by ~10.  100w on 110 volts ~1 amp, 100w on 12 volts ~10 amps
from the battery.  Just get a 15w bulb or so.

Yes there is "some" power loss in the inverter but it is minimal compared to
the load, just be reasonable with the load.

That's it IMHO,
de Jim KG0KP