David Ferrington, M0XDF wrote:
> sorry, found it - thanks for the heads up - ordered mine to ship with
> KDVR3 - hell, no 6M until next May anyway!
> :-)
> 73 de M0XDF, K3 #174

You will appreciate the extra dB improvement if you try to make any weak signal
contacts.  I know that most of the 6m operators around the world live in
geomagnetically friendly places and only get on for strong signals on Es and
F2, but
there are a growing number of us weak signal operators who are coming to
appreciate
the real magic that 6m has to offer.

Now that we are at the bottom of the solar cycle, the conditions for EME are
BEST,
and I worked two new DXCC so far this week on 6m EME.  Frankly, there is DX
EVERY
MONTH on 6m if you are patient and willing to look for it ;-)  The K3 (with an
external preamp) is ready-made for working weak signal modes such as JT65A
because
the computer interface is built-in - GREAT JOB, Elecraft!  I am very much
looking
forward to the next new 6m DXCC contact with someone who has a K3 and an ACOM
1000!

GL and VY 73, Lance

--
Lance Collister, W7GJ (ex: WN3GPL, WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8)
P.O. Box 73