You are right, Julian.

So what about to keep SSB FP MIc/SSB RP Mic/AM FP Mic/AM RP Mic/FM FP MIc/FM/RP Mic as "independent modes" keeping their own TX/RX EQ Settings? So yes, let´s have 10 EQ pre-sets and make table of possible "modes" to keep information about EQ pre-set. There is no need to limit "mode" only to CW/AM/FM/SSB - there are possible some more precious like Rear or Front panel Mic used etc...why not.
Any other idea?

73!
L. -dst-

Julian, G4ILO napsal(a):

Alexandr Kobranov wrote:

What about to have settings of RX and TX EQ not by mode but as profiles?

let´s have RXEQ1, RXEQ2,....,RXEQ5,...

also TXEQ1,.....TXEQ5,...

all stored for possible recall

someteimes is good to use more profiles in one mode - other headphones, microfone change, other data mode,...

That sounds to me like if I want to switch from the desk mic (front socket)
to the headset (rear socket) I would have to make TWO menu selections, one
to change the mic input, and then another to change the profile. Since I
don't change the EQ settings once they are set up for these mics, I would
prefer to have the EQ change automatically with the change of input source.

I'm guessing that some people might like to have different EQ settings for,
say, DX and normal contacts, for use with the same microphone. So I can see
the sense in your suggestion, although for those who don't have such a
requirement it just adds extra complication.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
http://www.g4ilo.com/ G4ILO's Shack   http://www.ham-directory.com/ Ham
Directory http://www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html KComm for Elecraft K2 and K3