Lee,

Don't know about the connector issues (I suppose that might be a matter of personal preference). The S-Meter issue has to do with "fine" adjustments. Since the meter is a bar graph type, "blocks" are either lit or not. If, for instance, you are attempting to "see" the difference between 4.3 blocks and 4.4 blocks, they display the same (either 4 or 5 blocks, depending on software design). Apparently, this design issue is also in the data given to a control computer. That is, instead of giving a "value" (i.e., 4.321), it is just mimicking the bar graph (i.e., 4 "blocks"). So, if you're trying to make a comparative measurement between similar signals, unless they "happen" to be on the "edge" of two "block" values, they will look the same. While this is normal for this type of display, it is a little unusual for the computer data stream. That usually reflects "raw" data. Does that help? {'-)

   Regards,

   kurtt

   Kurt Pawlikowski, AKA WB9FMC
   The Pinrod Corporation
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   (773) 284-9500
   http://pinrod.com

Lee Buller wrote:

Ladies and Gents.....

I have been trying to follow the threads on IMD performance of the K3 and the S-Meter thread of the K3. Could someone explain (to a Liberal Arts Major - not an engineering type) what the issues are here and why they are issues with this radio? Maybe, I'm lost in all the hullabaloo.

Also....why is one person calling the S-Meter and the power connector "junk" that cannot be fixed?

Thank you for the education.....

Lee Buller - K0WA
K3 SN 443
K2 SN 1056

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply. If you don't have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it. If you can't find any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense. Is Common Sense divine?