Joe has again hit the nail on the head. The K3 is a very high
quality transceiver. It is not test equipment. You want test
equipment, you buy test equipment. I'm an EE and I've been a ham
for 53 years. I find nearly all elements of the K3 user interface
quite satisfactory, including the S-meter. I am, however, looking
for additional control of the 2nd RX, and I expect to see that over
the next few months.

I am also a huge fan of Anderson Power Pole connectors -- beginning
in 2004 when I bought my first K2, I've gradually rewired all my
equipment that runs on low voltage DC to use them. Everything from
laptops, talkies, Ethernet routers, telephones, etc. and all my
radio gear. They are reasonably priced (at least in North America),
easy to wire, and quite reliable.

73,

Jim K9YC