Lee,

> Also....why is one person calling the S-Meter

Because some people do not understand the difference between an
amateur transceiver and a $10,000 piece laboratory test equipment.
The K3's S-meter circuit is derived form the IF DSP and provides
a very accurate scale in S-unit (5 dB) steps.  It does not
provide an analog voltage with infinite resolution.

> and the power connector "junk" that cannot be fixed?

The power connector is an Anderson PowerPole and some people
(unfairly) object to the use PowerPole connectors.

In "liberal arts" terms, there are always those who expect a
Ferrari or Maserati for the same price as a Chevrolet Cobalt.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV