From: "David Pratt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 10:08 AM
To: "Jan Erik Holm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Elecraft Reflector" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Questions from a Liberal Arts Major

In a recent message, Jan Erik Holm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote ...
12V power connector, does not have a positive lock, i e can
come loose if radio is moved. Again IMO this is junk.

Have you assembled the connector correctly, Jim? Both my K3 and my XV144 Anderson power connectors go in with a definite 'click' and neither of them have come apart unintentionally even when the equipment is moved.

Being digital, the S-meter has incremental steps of one S-point which is accurate enough for most practical purposes. In any case, everyone is 599 or 59 in contests ;-)

73

--
David G4DMP
Leeds, England, UK