A crimped connection will break too in the same way if the wire is allowed
to flex where it leaves the crimp.

That's why critical applications dealing with rather small wires subjected
to lots of movement and constant vibration always employ strain reliefs, not
matter how the wire is attached. Back in my days prototyping electronic
equipment for the USAF, we were concerned about "wicked" solder up under the
insulation only because if the wire did break it was hard to find. The break
was hidden inside the insulation.

We recommended crimping for many connections because:

1) Electrically, it was as good as solder *if* one used the proper tool and
used it correctly.

2) It was cheaper because training an assembler to crimp properly was a lot
faster than making them an expert at soldering. It was easy to justify a
tool costing hundreds of dollars to do the crimping.

3) It was faster and avoided the danger of damage from burns and runaway
solder while soldering a joint in tight quarters - especially hanging half
upside down inside a cramped compartment in an aircraft fuselage.

3) In high current applications, not having solder in the connection
eliminated the possibility of molten solder flowing were we didn't want it
in case of a short circuit that overheated the connection (people have told
me that's why electrical codes for homes and other buildings  doesn't allow
solder too).

Many (perhaps most) Hams are willing to invest the time to learn to solder
well and are happy to invest a little more time when needed rather than buy
expensive crimp tools. But, for those who choose to crimp and spend the
money on the right tool with the right dies and learn to use it correctly,
they can save that time and end up with a joint that is just as robust and
secure as soldering.

Ron AC7AC