David Ferrington, M0XDF wrote:
This thread is only the second I've seen mentioning failed decoders, so 3 of you here I think and the previous mention, back in February I think was one - that's 4 out of at least 1933 units!

I have a very small intermittent problem in the encoder on my KX1. Elecraft will replace it for me, however I've figured out how to get around it, and I really don't want to take it apart now. Maybe later.

Rather a low failure rate, although of course very inconvenient if it's you.

"Casualty rates are way down -- very good, unless you're one of them."
        I forget who I heard this from but it
        was at some point where the US Government
        was debating "Low Intensity Combat."  Seemed
        like a contradiction in terms.

Hope to find lots and lots of K3's in the ARRL 10 Meter this weekend. Ten has been such a wasteland lately.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2009 Cal QSO Party  3-4 Oct 2009
- www.cqp.org

PS to Santa: I've been good this year. I promise you, I'm telling the truth. I'd like some sunspots in 2009. Doesn't have to be a lot, just an increasing trend that keeps up.